Friday, June 06, 2008

for the love of pomegranates.

Anybody that knows me, knows my love for pomegranates. I try anything I see that has the word pomegranate smacked across it; gum, yogurt, smoothies, juice, lemonade, mints, etc. which probably makes me a little bit of a sucker. I'm a marketing employee's dream. But I just can't help myself.




I also love the actual pomegranate fruit. Over thanksgiving break I went home with my roommate Kaitlin. Her mom is a realtor, and had a house listing with a pomegranate tree IN THE BACKYARD. We went and picked about twenty pomegranates and rearranged our luggage so we could bring them back to school. We both were beyond excited to have all these pomegranates for free ninety nine. We could never bring ourselves to pay the ridiculous prices at either Broulim's or Albertson's (I fully believe that they enjoy ripping students off). My life was complete.

But then to my surprise, my life was completed yet again.


I was looking on the internet one day for some baking recipes I might like to try out. I stopped dead in my internet surfing tracks. Pomegranate cupcakes. Chocolate Pomegranate cupcakes, to be more exact. My mom told me they sounded gross, but I wanted to make them anyway.

I'll let you know how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...