Friday, July 01, 2011

wishful thinking

The topic ideas have been coming in! Thank you so much. Please keep 'em coming. I'm still in desperate need of ideas. But here's the first one.

If you could just *BAM* have any talent without having to work at it, which talent would you choose? Not a super power, just a real life talent that real people have.

I'm going to answer this in two ways. What first came to mind was something that involved music, which is more like expanding an ability (and I use that term very loosely) that I already have. I play (again....using the term loosely) the violin and the piano. I'll spare myself the embarrassment and not tell you how long I've been playing them because for the amount of time I have been, I should be exponentially better than I am. Especially when it comes to the violin. I mostly blame myself because I didn't like to practice, but slightly blame by teacher because she DROPPED me. She said I wasn't progressing fast enough. Really?! Why does it matter to you? You're still getting paid if I'm correct. Don't worry. I'm not bitter.

But I think it would be beyond cool to be able to hear a song on the radio, TV, at a performance, what have you and then sit down and be able to play it. How does that even work?! People can pick out notes and recognize them, not to mention remember them, well enough to learn an entire new piece in a matter of seconds. Crazy cool.

OK, so that's the first way I'll answer that question.

I'll pick something entirely new, that I've always thought was cool but have no part of currently. I wish I could pick up on new languages like a boss. It comes so naturally for some people. I've heard that once you're fluent in one language it's pretty easy to pick up on others. Especially languages that are similar, like Spanish and Italian. And if you're good at languages the possibilities are endless. You could have a sweet job like working as a special agent like Sydney Bristow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...