Friday, May 23, 2008

come along with me, and embrace your inner nerd.

I have decided that everyone has a nerdy side to them. Whether you want to admit it or not, you do. Some have larger sides than others, but there is nothing wrong with that.

I will proudly admit that I can solve a Rubik's cube, I love the show Heroes, I watch the X-Files every now and then, I had a Harry Potter cake for my 20th birthday, and I have a crush on the fictional character Oliver Wood. Yes, the keeper/captain for the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

Don't even judge me because you know that secretly you play World of Warcraft or for reals Dungeons and Dragons, or what have you. To each his own.

And even if you don't think you're nerdy or have nerdy tendencies, someone else does. So either way, you have an inner nerd.

Anyway. My point is, I also have a hobby that not that many people know about. You could say that it is definitely part of my nerdy side, and it could be categorized within the hobbies section. sub filed under granny.

I quilt. It's something that my mom enjoys and she taught me a few years ago.

I have a couple different projects I'm working on so far this summer, and when I'm done perhaps I'll post some pictures.

So there you have it. I have admitted parts of my inner nerd for the entire free blogging world.

1 comment:

  1. Christine I love you with all my heart and soul. I probably knew all of this stuff Winter semester, but completely forgot about it now because we love all the same things! I just started quilting a month or so ago, and am so excited to be more creative with it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...