So here it goes.
1. I have lived with 37 different girls while attending BYU-Idaho. That's a lot of girls. A lot of personalities to love, get along with perfectly and clash with.
2. I have played the violin for about 14 years. My teacher dropped me when I was in 6th grade because I wasn't progressing fast enough. And that's a straight quote. Sometimes I still get it out and play every now and then. I know I'm not near as good as I should be, but I'm good enough. At least I think so.
3. I must marry someone who likes dogs. And that's that. I need to have dogs in my life, and I miss mine that are at home terribly when I'm away at school.
4. I'm not really attracted to blonde guys.
5. I love shoes. Especially sneakers. I have four pairs of chucks and about six pairs of vans. And I'll keep getting more. I love a good pair of dress shoes too.
6. I really enjoy baking and cooking. It is my dream to own my own bakery one day. I can't stand it when I'm cooking or baking and people come in the room, look at it, and either tell me why it looks gross or what I did wrong and how I should fix it. Or that I'm currently doing it wrong and I should do it this way instead. I've had quite a few encounters with this exact experience already this semester.
7. I'm glad my parents taught me to read early and the importance of it.
8. Geocaching is the coolest thing ever. I heard about it a while ago, and finally tried it out last weekend. See my last post to learn more.
9. I'm not the type of girl that has to change her outfit 15 times before going somewhere. The most I've changed it is twice for church. I just put on what I feel like wearing and go on my way.
10. I don't care what anyone says but I love Dave Matthews Band, The Jonas Brothers, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc. I could listen to pop music all day long. I can't stand when people judge you or pride themselves based on their music likings. Nobody cares about how many obscure grunge emo bands that aren't signed to a legit label because they don't like the mainstream music business you listen to. If you like it, listen to it. If you don't, then don't.
11. My sophomore year up at school my GPA was suffering. So I took a bunch of easy classes to boost it. Including a college reading one. I had to get a tutor and everything. It was a nightmare and incredibly embarrassing, and I had to reassure my tutor that I indeed knew how to read at 19 years old and I usually just ended up doing my homework during my tutor time. Thankfully I got an A and said GPA was boosted.
12. I like playing sports, but I'm not any good. And I don't get competitive. So people don't like playing with me.
13. I have a metal rod in my back from a spinal fusion surgery. And a 13 inch long scar to go along with it. I had scoliosis that was found in fifth grade. I had to wear a brace all through middle school and part of high school. As if those times aren't awkward enough. Some kid even called me scoliosis girl in seventh or eighth grade one time. Awesome.
14. My favorite animal is a dolphin and it was my DREAM to swim with one for as long as I can remember. It finally came true last Christmas when my family and I went to Hawaii for vacation.
15. I'm trying to let go of the past. I can't change it. So I'm learning to either enjoy the time and realize that it was fun while it lasted, or be grateful that it is in the past and not going to be in my present or future.
16. I can't stand Twilight. It's not even because that they're about vampires, and I even tried to get into them. I read the first one and couldn't stand it. Bella complains just a little bit too much and I thought they were incredibly boring.
17. No matter how old a CD is, I just can't bring my self to throw it away. Ever. So, yes, that does mean I still have CDs from artists such as the Spice Girls, 98 degrees, Backstreet Boys, Hanson, B*Witched, and everything like such as.
18. I rarely stick up for myself. I don't tell people when things are bothering me. I just tell myself that it's only me thinking it and to get over it.
19. I have easily spent $300 on beanie babies. I used to be obsessed with those suckers. Now they're all boxed away at home in Minnesota. I guess if anything my kids can play with them someday.
20. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people shorten words in texting or on the computer. As in ur, 2nite, u, and so forth. It doesn't take that much effort to spell out the rest of the word.
21. I love it when I say or do something and someone laughs. Especially if they laugh really hard. I think being told you're funny is one of the best compliments.
22. I have a secret addiction to post-it notes. And almost any office supply for that matter.
23. One time I got pulled over because my tags were expired on my license plate. I chose to appeal the ticket and went to traffic court. The judge was my friend's dad and he gave me ten hours of community service. The only option available for community service was working at a cat shelter. It was awful. And he let me off easy. He gave his son, his own flesh and blood, 30 hours of community service for a similar offense.
24. I rarely, in fact next to never, wear jewelry. For various reasons. I especially don't wear rings because I think I have funny looking hands/fingers and don't like how rings look on them. I notice people's hands, and pay very close attention to them. Sometimes I even think whose hands I would and would not like to have. If I lined up a group of people I knew, I could identify them just from their hands.
25. I'm trying my best to really budget my money, because it's a skill you'll need for your whole life. I'm getting better, but there is still plenty of room for improvement.