Missionaries are supposed to lock their hearts and get lost in the work. I'm not too worried about the things I'll be leaving behind, because I know the ones that are worthwhile will be right there when I get back. But I do think now and then about the shows I won't be able to watch and especially the music I won't be able to listen to.
So, if one were to ask me, these are the best fifty songs. Ever. Or at least the ones that I'll miss the most while I'm gone. In no particular order.
1. Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band.
2. On The Radio by Regina Spektor.
3. The World At Large by Modest Mouse.
4. The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson.
5. First Day Of My Life by Bright Eyes.
6. Mr. Pitiful by Matt Costa.
7. Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap.
8. Chain Me Free by the Matches.
9. We Intertwine by the Hush Sound.
10. Free Falling by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
11. The Joker by Steve Miller Band.
12. Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn by Hellogoodbye.
13. Love Today by Mika.
14. Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson.
15. Pork and Beans by Weezer.
16. Super Massive Black Hole by Muse.
17. Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers.
18. Wine Red by the Hush Sound.
19. We Used To Be Friends by the Dandy Warhols.
20. Gives You Hell by the All American Rejects.
21. You're My Best Friend by Queen.
22. You Owe Me An I.O.U. by Hot Hot Heat.
23. Do You Know by Enrique Iglesias.
24. Mala Gente by Juanes.
25. My Doorbell by the White Stripes.
26. Taper Jean Girl by Kings of Leon.
27. Di Di My Doe by the Matches.
28. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here by She & Him.
29. Let My Love Open the Door by Sondre Leche.
30. Touchdown Turnaround by Hellogoodbye.
31. Foreign Language by Anberlin.
32. Fidelity by Regina Spektor.
33. Mercy by Duffy.
34. Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
35. Campus by Vampire Weekend.
36. Come Sail Away by STYX.
37. I'm Shakin' by Rooney.
38. Little Razorbalde by the Pink Spiders.
39. Brat Pack by the Rocket Summer.
40. Let Go by Frou Frou.
41. Honestly by Cartel.
42. New Soul by Yael Niam.
43. Sway Your Head by We Shot The Moon
44. Catch My Disease by Ben Lee.
45. All The Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople.
46. All I Want Is You by Barry Louis Polisar.
47. Everyday by Dave Matthews Band.
48. Sea Of Love by Cat Power.
49. The Mating Game by Bitter:Sweet.
50. Superstar by Sonic Youth
This is harder than I thought, I had to change my original number about five times. But this is it. My top 50. I think. It was still a hard task.